NORTHFIELD BOARD OF EDUCATION FILE CODE: 3100 Northfield, New Jersey
BUDGET PLANNING, PREPARATION AND ADOPTION
Delegation of Responsibility
The Superintendent of Schools shall have direct responsibility for the planning and preparation of the annual budget. He/she may be aided by the business administrator and by other members of the staff.
The Superintendent of Schools shall submit a budget timetable to the board, through the finance committee, no later than October 15th;
The completed budget document shall be presented to the board, through the finance committee, as early as possible in January and no later than February, depending on the availability of revenue figures and other relevant data.
A. To meet the educational objectives of the board, the Superintendent of Schools and business administrator shall:
- Include all ongoing district studies of the educational program and the estimated annual cost of implementing this program;
- Prepare a long-range, year-by-year plan for the maintenance and replacement of facilities and equipment;
- Maintain a plan of anticipated revenues based on changes in state and federal legislation;
- Maintain a planned expenditure budget for the ensuing school year, based on reasonably estimated revenues;
- Report to the board any serious financial implications arising from the budget plan.
Adopted: No Date NJSBA Review/Update: October 2009; December 2010 Readopted: