NORTHFIELD BOARD OF EDUCATION FILE CODE: 3260/3270 Northfield, New Jersey Monitored
Mandated Policy X Other Reasons
SALE AND DISPOSAL OF BOOKS, EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES
The Northfield Board of Education believes the efficient administration of property and goods no longer necessary for the maintenance of the educational program or the operation of the Northfield School District. The board shall direct the Superintendent of Schools to review periodically all district property and shall authorize the disposition by sale, licensing, rental or donation of any property not required for school purposes.
The business administrator shall develop rules for the disposition of property that ensure that all sales are conducted in a fair and open manner consistent with the public interest, and in compliance with law.
The business administrator shall conduct an ongoing review of all property to determine those items which have ceased to be suitable or required for the educational program. He/she may be aided by the administrative team or other staff members.
Any district property designated for donation or unsold after such offer may be offered without cost to charitable or nonprofit organizations having a use for such property.
Supplies and equipment for specific programs, purchased with funds granted by the state and federal government, shall be disposed of in strict accordance with applicable law and regulations.
Adopted: No Date NJSBA Review/Update: October 2009; December 2010 Readopted: October 24, 2011
Sale of Property, Licensing, Rental, Donation to Private Organizations, Disposal of Property
Legal References: N.J.S.A. 18A:7F-7(e) Appropriation by school district of undesignated fund balance; amounts allowable
- 18A:18A-45 Manner and method of sale (personal property)
- 18A:20-2 Purchase and sale of property in general
- 18A:20-5 Disposition of property and title of purchaser
- 18A:20-6 Sale at public sale; exceptions
- 18A:20-7 Sale at fixed minimum prices; rejection of bids
- 18A:20-8.1 Transfer of land for vocational school purposes
- 18A:20-8.2 Lease of land, or part or all of school building not necessary for school purpose; resolution; procedure
- 18A:20-9 Conveyance of unneeded real estate for nominal consideration; qualified recipients; reversion
- 18A:20-9.1 Conveyance of certain sewer lines to a municipality
- 18A:20-9.2 Sale of school property to nonprofit schools for the handicapped
- 54:4-3.6 Exemption of property of nonprofit organizations
N.J.A.C. 6A:26-7.4 Approval for the disposal of land
Cross References: *3220/3230 State funds; federal funds
*3280 Gifts, grants and bequests
*6171.3 At-risk and Title 1
File Code: 3260
SALE AND DISPOSAL OF BOOKS, EQUIPMENT, AND SUPPLIES (continued) *7110 Long-range facilities planning *Indicates policy is included in the Critical Policy Reference Manual.