NORTHFIELD BOARD OF EDUCATION FILE CODE: 4138/4238 Northfield, New Jersey Monitored Mandated X Other Reasons Policy
School employees shall not engage in outside activities or perform any services other than those assigned by the district during the hours of the prescribed school day.
No outside work by a staff member shall prevent him/her from properly performing assigned functions during duty hours or be prejudicial to his/her work effectiveness.
No staff member shall include in their district email signature any solicitation or advertisements for any outside business or organization they own, represent or are affiliated with.
Adopted: May 18, 1998 NJSBA Review/Update: November 2009; December 2010 Readopted: October 24, 2011
Nonschool Employment; Employee Outside Activities
Legal References: N.J.S.A. 18A:6-8.1 Leave of certain employees to serve in legislature
- 18A:6-8.2 Leave of certain employees to serve on board of chosen freeholders
- 18A:6-8.4 Right to hold elective or appointive state, county or municipal office
- 18A:11-1 General mandatory powers and duties
- 18A:12-24 School officials; prohibited conduct
- 18A:17-18 Full time required of superintendents; when
- 18A:27-4 Power of boards of education to make rules governing employment of teacher, etc.; employment thereunder
- 18A:54-20 Powers of board (county vocational schools)
- 52:13D-12 et seq. New Jersey Conflicts of Interest Law
N.J.A.C. 6A:28-1.1et seq. School Ethics Commission
Cross References: *3514 Equipment *4119.21 Conflict of interest *4138.2 Private tutoring
*Indicates policy is included in the Critical Policy Reference Manual.