NORTHFIELD BOARD OF EDUCATION FILE CODE: 4222 Northfield, New Jersey Monitored Mandated Policy X Other Reasons
The board, within its financial means, may hire aides as recommended by the Superintendent of Schools.
It is the responsibility of the classroom teacher to plan for any teacher aide’s constructive involvement with the class. The primary benefit must be to the students.
Lunchroom and playground aides shall be under the supervision of appropriate certified personnel.
NJSBA Review/Update: November 2009 Adopted: October 24, 2011
Aides, Noninstructional Aides, Background Check, Personnel Background Check
Legal References: N.J.S.A. 18A:6-7.1
through -7.5 Criminal history record; employee in regular contact with students; grounds for disqualification from employment; exception …
- 18A:11-1 General mandatory powers and duties
- 18A:16-2 Physical examinations; requirement through -5
- 18A:27-4.1 Appointment, transfer, removal, or renewal of officers and employees; exceptions
- 18A:54-20 Powers of board (county vocational schools)
- 6A:32-4.7 Approval of paraprofessional staff
- 6A:32-6.1 et seq. School Employee Physical Examinations
8 U.S.C.A. 1100 et seq. -Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986
Cross References: *3541.1 Transportation routes and services *3542 Food service *4212.4 Employee health *4215 Supervision *4216 Evaluation
4221 Noninstructional substitutes *6162.4 Community resources
*Indicates policy is included in the Critical Policy Reference Manual.