NORTHFIELD BOARD OF EDUCATION FILE CODE: 6143 Northfield, New Jersey
A curriculum guide will be prepared for each course of study to be taught in this district. Curriculum guides should be planned and organized to provide sequential learning experiences in the grade levels concerned.
- The preparation of curriculum guides is the responsibility of the principals.
- Curriculum guides are best developed with the assistance of the teaching staff. Accordingly, appropriate staff representatives will be appointed to committees to study, revise, and/or develop curriculum guides.
- Content standards should be broad statements related to district educational goals and arising from the philosophy of the course.
- Performance indicators should be specific statements of behavioral objectives, that is, the concepts, skills, attitudes, and appreciation’s to be achieved. The degree of specificity should be consistent with the nature of the course.
- Teaching strategies should include, where appropriate, specific instructional methods/modalities, the time to be spent on tasks, recommended pupil activities, and resources.
- Evaluation techniques should include such specific techniques as sample tests, suggested projects or performance outcomes, and individual study.
C. Implementation Teachers will adhere to the content of curriculum guides in accordance with Policy No. 6143.
Adopted: October 20, 2008