PET THERAPY PROGRAM
The board of education has authorized the implementation of a pet therapy program. Student interaction with gentle and friendly animals can have many benefits including:
- Increasing the students’ interest and engagement in the educational program;
- Calming, relaxing and comforting students;
- Lifting the spirits of students;
- Increasing socialization; and
- Decreasing anxiety, depression and boredom.
The district has made arrangements for_______________, a pet therapy organization, to bring therapy animals into our schools to work with students.
Please notify the ___________________ at _________________________ if your child has pet allergies, fears and anxieties related to animals and any other concerns. Appropriate precautions shall be taken when concerns are expressed to protect the student and prevent disruption to the student’s educational program.