The Superintendent of Schools shall recommend for board approval the number of class sections for each course or grade level. He/she shall take into consideration such factors as student needs, curriculum requirements, types of instructional setting, district finances and space or equipment limitations.
|NORTHFIELD BOARD OF EDUCATION||FILE CODE: 6151|
|Northfield, New Jersey||Monitored Mandated|
Particular attention shall be paid to space-per-student requirements of the State Department of Education.
NJSBA Review/Update: December 2009; December 2010 Adopted: October 24, 2011
Class Size, Space-per-student Requirements
Legal References: N.J.S.A. 18A:11-1 General mandatory powers and duties
N.J.S.A. 18A:54-20 Powers of board (county vocational schools)
- 6A:8-2.1 Authority for educational goals and standards
- 6A:14-4.7 Program criteria: special class programs, secondary and vocational rehabilitation
- 6A:23-8.3 Commissioner to ensure achievement of the Core Curriculum Content Standards
- 6A:26-2.1 et seq. Long-Range Facilities Plans
- 6A:32-8.2 School enrollment
- 6A:32-8.3 School attendance
Cross References: 3240 Tuition income *5118 Nonresidents *5120 Assessment of individual needs *5145.4 Equal educational opportunity
6150 Instructional arrangements *6171.4 Special education *7110 Long-range facilities planning
*Indicates policy is included in the Critical Policy Reference Manual.